At Home Self-Care Solutions
Is social distancing putting a crimp in your self-care routine? Can’t go to the gym, see your favorite wellness provider, or even get a good massage in, let alone spend time with your crew? Happily, while restrictions keep us all from congregating, we can still maintain our self-care routine. Here are some resources to help you engage in lockdown-friendly solutions.
Snag a Solid Workout Routine
Exercising is good for your mind, body, and soul, but with fitness centers and yoga studios shut down, you might feel pretty limited. Open your mind to the many possibilities of an in-home workout!
- Invest in some affordable pieces of equipment—you can get a great workout from a simple yoga mat, but adding a few free weights and a jump rope broadens your options so you don’t get bored.
- Plan your space so you have room to stretch and sweat.
- Consider picking up a fitness tracker to help coach and motivate you.
- Keep in mind Synergy Wellness Center offers live Zoom sessions in everything from yoga to energy healing sessions.
Don’t Neglect Your Eating Habits
It could be you never struggled with eating well before, but with the stress of a pandemic, many people are suddenly stress eating. Make sure you have healthy choices available and healthy coping strategies to manage temptations.
- Stock your pantry with plenty of wholesome staples.
- Choose a highly rated meal delivery option that brings healthy choices to your doorstep.
- Add some meditations to your routine that encourage a healthy relationship with food.
- Learn Mayo Clinic’s healthy strategies for avoiding stress eating, like keeping a food diary and keeping up connections with supportive friends and family members.
Friendly Faces and Fun
You might be thinking; how can I keep up my connections with loved ones during lockdown? You’re probably well-aware of Zoom meetings by now, but your options don’t end there. Plus, if you’re getting bored, there are ample ways to have fun if you know where to look.
- Missing your favorite workout buddy? Try working out together virtually.
- Laughter truly can be medicinal and lighten your mindset. If you could use a good dose, check into online stand-up comedy specials.
- You can never have too many friends, so Busuu suggests meeting some new people by taking a language class.
- If you’re feeling lonely, consider fostering or adopting a pet from a nearby shelter or rescue group. Just remember it’s a serious commitment, so when lockdown is over, you should be prepared to keep your new furry friend.
You might feel trapped by COVID-19, but making the best of the situation is the smartest strategy to ensure you thrive. Take care of your mind and body, and keep having a good time. You’ll be better off when lockdown is lifted.
No In Studio Classes at this time...all classes are livestream through Zoom. Sign up through the website link below.
I am now teaching all classes at Synergy Wellness Center.
Follow this link to see the schedule:
Photos by Leslii C Stevens, Studio23Hudson.com